Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thing 11 -- LibraryThing

I just created a LibraryThing account and just like the Library2Play directions said, it was super simple! I first learned about LibraryThing from Dr. Gibson's Children's Literature class. She pulled up her LibraryThing account and shared with us this resource. I was very impressed by it and thought that I would really enjoy using it. I am a voracious reader and I'd love to have a nice list of the books I've read, but I've never had a chance to create an account or play around with it. Honestly, time went by and I completely forgot about it. I am so glad that this was one of the things requested of me on this list. I added several titles to my list. I will continue to go in and update it and tweak it. I think this would be useful to me in regards to my students because I could model for them the joy of reading and consuming books. I even found some interesting groups I'd like to join like the historical to contemporary romance.

1 comment:

  1. I think LibraryThing is a great tool for organizing books you own, books you've read, and books you want to read. Do you know if you can share your page with others? I would love to be able to see what books someone else has read and how they rated them.

    ReplyDelete