Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thing 20 -- imbedding video

I played around with YouTube and TeacherTube today. Of course this wasn't the first time I'd viewed either one of them, but this was the first time I copied the code and dropped it into a blog. I can see how this is much more user friendly. I'll certainly start doing it this way. YouTube and TeacherTube are invaluable resources for teachers and librarians. There is a wide breadth of educational items out there. I have found interesting videos about writing, reading, social issues, etc. I embedded a lesson about argumentative writing here on the blog.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job on your PhotoStory. We used to make powerpoint presentations of our entire year together and give them out at the end of the year as our gifts to our students. PhotoStory is so easy to use that we make our movies through this program now. I also love that you can record your own sound if you have a microphone hooked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our district opened up YouTube to teachers this school year and it's made such a difference. I use it all time - I pop them into my FlipCharts.

    ReplyDelete