Monday, June 28, 2010

Thing 22 -- A Ning Thing

I explored Nings today. I especially liked TexasSchoolLibrariesNing and TeacherLibrarianNing. I joined both of them, but I feel kind of like a poser since I'm not a practicing librarian yet. I found both of these to be useful because you can add events, videos, and job postings. There are also forums, groups (elementary, high school), blogs and a Facebook and Twitter connection capability. I think these are great resources, as they are an excellent way for teacher librarians to connect, share resources and information, and keep a finger on the pulse of the library world.

1 comment:

  1. Dendy,
    When I started browsing Nings, I had to smile when I came across your name. What a great idea to join! If you haven't looked yet, go to groups, especially in TeacherLibrarianNing. There were a couple of interesting "chats" on collaboration and on flexible library schedule. I plan to go back when I have a little more free time.

    ReplyDelete