Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thing 8 -- RSS

I just learned that RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication" and I learned about the RSS Reader, or aggregator. Essentially, instead of having to go out and find new information from web sites and blogs, the information comes to you. I learned that there are two steps to this process: 1. Sign up for a news reader 2. subscribe to news sites so they will show up on your reader -- I signed up for Google Reader and subscribed to various sites. I like the Google Reader and I know that I will use it in my personal and professional life. It makes it easier for me to get news and entertainment. Librarians will definitely benefit from this, as remaining abreast of the latest in technology is such an integral part of their jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment